Once you hit the “publish” button for a new post, you have to tell the world about its existence, in other words, promote it on the web. In this post I’ll tell you what to do after publishing a blog post in order to get new readers from search engines, newsletters and social media.
THE FOLLOWING ACTIONS FOCUS ON:
- Making your post visible on search engines.
- Getting new readers from social media.
- Notifying your subscribers of your brand new content by email.
What to do after publishing a blog post?
For each post I publish, I immediately carry out five key activities (divided in two main areas) to promote it online.
- Submitting the new post to search engines for indexation in their database.
- Telling people about the new post through social media, newsletters and commenting on other blogs related to your niche.
I. SUBMITTING YOUR NEW URL TO SEARCH ENGINES
- Firstly, in order to make your post visible as soon as possible, submit your new URL to search engines for indexing in their database. For this purpose, use Google’s Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools. These free services will make your post appear in search results, measure your site’s Search traffic and performance, and fix issues. As a result, your post will show up for search queries matching the keywords you optimized your post with.
II. TELLING PEOPLE
2. PROMOTE YOUR NEW POST IN SOCIAL MEDIA.
Start by finding out who is your target audience, where do they gather, which social media platform they use. Depending on your answers, create an strategy for the platform (s) you choose.
3. USE EMAIL MARKETING
A powerful strategy to build a base of readers, is by asking your visitors to subscribe to your newsletter. This way, your subscribers will receive an email from your blog every time you publish a new post. Additionally, if you’re new to blogging, the best solution is MailChimp to start building your email list.
4. COMMENT ON OTHER BLOGS
Visit other blogs relevant to your niche and leave useful comments. As a result, you’ll get their interest and eventually gain new readers.
5. ANSWER TO EVERY COMMENT
Take the time to answer every comment on your post and show you care for your readers.
WHAT TO DO AFTER PROMOTING MY BLOG POST ON THE INTERNET?
At this point you’ve learned how to create an effective blog post and promoted it online, but somehow you’re not getting a lot of traffic. Don’t be discouraged, this is a learning process and there is always room for improvement.
In the next post, I’ll give you some tips on how to improve your post performance with the use of insights to increase its visibility.
Thank you for reading and I hope you found this guide useful!
Please leave a comment or subscribe to my newsletter to receive online marketing tips for your brand.